Do you want to help re-build our k-12 education system so it works for all students?
Join The Shadow Project in making school a place where students with learning challenges can thrive!
We are seeking a Community Connections Specialist (AmeriCorps VISTA position with stipend) to help adapt our programs to meet community needs following the COVID-19 crisis and recent racial justice movements. You will work with a creative, flexible team to build connections with other organizations focused on educational equity, expand youth leadership in Shadow Project programs, and help parents and caregivers have a stronger voice in their children’s education. All work is currently remote. As state COVID guidelines allow, some on-site work will be required and partial remote work will be available.
You are a great fit for this position if you are
- 18 years and older
- Associate’s Degree holder or above (or equivalent credits to Associate’s Degree)
- Willing to reflect on and take action to increase racial justice and equity
- Interested in working with youth and community volunteers
Benefits to this full-time service role include
- A living allowance of $16,671
- An education award of $6,195 or cash stipend of $1,500 upon successful completion of service
- Relocation allowance of $550 and mileage-based reimbursement if moving more than 50 miles to serve
- Health benefits
- Loan forbearance and interest accrual payment on qualified student loans
- Child care (if eligible)
- Training and professional development opportunities
- Access to an extensive network of AmeriCorps Alums
- Federal jobs non-competitive eligibility for one year after service
- Opportunity to develop leadership experience in a highly creative and mission-oriented team environment
The Shadow Project encourages and supports applicants from all backgrounds to join us in our work. This includes—but is in no way limited to—people experiencing disability, those from communities of color, and people who are LGBTQIA2S+.
If you are interested, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “AmeriCorps” as the subject line. Apply by July 16 for priority consideration. AmeriCorps service year begins August 30, 2021.