Do you want to join The Shadow Project’s dynamic team and make school a better place for students with learning challenges?
The Program Assistant provides essential administrative support to the Executive Director and development staff, performs general office management tasks, and works with volunteers to get critical resources to local teachers. We’re looking for a team-oriented individual who is passionate about educational equity for children with learning challenges.
The Program Assistant is a half-time position (20 hours/week) with flexible scheduling, and largely remote. In person work will be required an average of 1 day per week. The Program Assistant reports to the Executive Director.
Pay rate is $16/hour. Benefits include medical insurance, 8 days’ vacation, paid sick leave, up to 7 paid holidays, and monthly stipend for remote work expenses.
- Provides administrative support to the Executive Director
- Provides general office management
- Supports development activities such as donor mailings and grants tracking
- Works in person at our warehouse location, supervising volunteers who pack and deliver materials to area schools
- Supports other Shadow Project in all aspects of administration for a growing non-profit, including financials, database maintenance, and document organization.
- 1 year of experience (paid or volunteer) in office support/administration
- Excellent interpersonal and written communications skills
- Ability to organize complex material and manage multiple projects at a time
- Highly proficient in Google Drive applications, particularly Google Sheets, and Microsoft Excel
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to a growing organization
- A sense of service and commitment to The Shadow Project’s mission
- Willing to reflect on and take action to increase racial justice and equity
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination
- Ability to pass a criminal background check
- Ability to perform work at The Shadow Project’s two work sites in Northeast Portland, OR.
In this job, you will stand, walk, and/or sit. You will lift and/or move up to 40 pounds while working in our teacher materials warehouse. Collaborative work with team members is generally performed within the hours of 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday – Friday, with occasional evenings or weekends.
You will be provided with a laptop and reimbursement for general office supplies and work travel expenses. PPE is provided for those who work in person. COVID-19 vaccination is required for Shadow Project staff and in person volunteers.
The Shadow Project encourages and supports applicants from all backgrounds to join us in our work. This includes — but is in no way limited to — people experiencing disability, those from communities of color, and people who are LGBTQIA2S+.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, with “Program Assistant” as the subject line.